Sunday, February 03, 2008

Policies

I am really laid back when it comes to my sessions but I am going to have to put a new policy in place....
I am now going to limit the number of people that can be present during a shoot and more importantly there can NOT be any other cameras present besides mine.
My newborn sessions are hard...I bring a car full of props and equipment. These sessions take between 1-5 hours...yes up to 5 hours!
It's quite upsetting to work for 4 hours to get a shot...the shot a parent is dying to have... only to have some friend/family member stand there and pop off the same set up shot. This has occured in two of my last sessions. That shot will then be e mailed to a million others making my shot seem pretty average by the time its seen. Not to mention I am in business... I need sales to follow my sessions... and if someone can have the shot for free why buy it?
I am sorry for this rant and as I say I am always patient and laid back on my sessions but this is just my business and my livelihood here and I need to put a policy in place to protect it. I hope that doesnt sound harsh.

No comments: